Startup Europe Week (SEW) was organized for the first time in 2016 at the same time in different EU cities, under the auspices of the European Commission and Startup Europe. SEW focuses on highlighting good practices and regional policies that shape Europe’s business environment. This year, SEW, established as a successful institution, starting Monday 6 February to Friday 10 February 2017, is expected to host more than 280 EU-wide events in hundreds of cities around Europe!
YET had the pleasure of supporting the official event of SEW17 Thessaloniki. The event took place on Friday 10 February 2017. The co-organizers were MADE GROUP CO, an innovative strategic communications platform and OECON GROUP. The event was supported and hosted by Sheffield University International Faculty, CITY College and Marketing Club.
There were three thematic panels regarding the stage before the establishment of a start-up: strategy, preparation, decision, as well as financial tools available from domestic and European public and private resources.
In detail, the program of the event, as it was held:
Lina Tsaltampasi, OECON GROUP, SEW co organiser
Vassilis Tsoulis, CITY College, Director of Career, Employability & Enterprise, YET ngo President
Igor Tasic, CEO & Founder, Startup Europe Week (Skype – Call)
Event moderation: Kaili Mantalena, MADE GROUP CO
Panel A – How to start your start-up
• Pantelis Angelidis, President, Alexander Innovation Zone, “What to expect from your mentor”
• Petros Simos, legal – financial advisor, EDRA Association, ”The 3 essential-steps to startup”
• Ria Papadimitriou, Lawyer, EDRA Association, “Law procedures to begin with”
• Anastasios Ioannidis, Motive Consultants, “Startups & Strategic preparation according to ISO”
• Dr. Dimitrios V. Nikolaidis, Marketing Club, “Design a product that customers want”
Panel B – Funding opportunities – European & local resources
• Apostolina Tsaltampasi, OECON GROUP, “Public Funding Opportunities (ESPA, Development Law)”
• Spyros Skotidas, Neoklis Stamkos, Ioannis Tsitsopoulos, K.E.P.A. (Business & Culture Development Center), “K.E.P.A: Microcredit & support services for startups”
• Dimitris Ntempos, OK!Thess, “Your early stage partner”
Panel C – Business Angels & synergies
• Athanasia Ioannidou, SEGE, “The European Community of Women Business Angels for Women Entrepreneurs”
• Prof. Panagiotis Ketikidis, HEBAN “The Angels Community in Greece”
• Argiro Barata, FEAST Greece, “How to unleash the power of the crowd?”
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”151″ gal_title=”SEW17″]